Free morning nutrition will be provided to 25,000 school-going children in government schools in Punganur constituency in Rajampet Parliament Constituency of Chittoor district.
“Ragi Cereals Health drink” would be given to the children every day. Ragi has a very good nutritional profile, encompassing all the essential macronutrients – carbohydrates, fibres, fats and proteins, along with noteworthy level of key micronutrients – vitamins and minerals. It has negligible levels of cholesterol and sodium, to promote heart wellness. In addition, ragi contains considerable quantities of vitamins C and E, to boost immune, skin and hair health. Being a good source of natural calcium, Ragi strengthens bones in growing children.
The launch event was held in Sadanu ZPHS in Sodam mandal by the initiative taken by Sri Mithun Reddy – MP of Rajampet.
Below mentioned leaders and officials participated in the event.
- Peddireddy Ramachandra Reddy – Minister of energy, forest, science and technology, environment, mines and geology, govt of AP
- Sri G. Sreenivasulu – Chairman, Zilla Parishad, Chittoor district.
- Pokala Ashok Kumar – TTD Board member
- Muthamsetti Viswanatham – MGNREGA State Director, AP
- Reddamma – DCCB Chairman, Chittoor district.
- Sri Venkatareddy Yadav – Chairman PKM UDA,
- Sri Peddireddi Peddireddi – State YRCP Secretary
- Sri Venkateswar – Joint Collector, Chittoor
- Sri Purushottam – DEO, Chittoor
- Sri T Somasekhar Reddy – ZPTC, Sodam
- Sri Yellappa – MPP, Sodam
- Sri Thimma Reddy – PACS Chairman, Sodam
- Sri Prabhakar Reddy – CEO, Zilla Parishad Chittoor
- CEO DCCB, Chittoor
- All sarpanch s and MPTCs in Sodam mandal
- Mandal level officials and Sri Ganganiah DySP, Palamaner also participated
From Annapoorna Trust, Mr Anand K Kadali, Trustee & Secretary of the Sri Sathya Sai Annapoorna Trust and Mr Surendra Babu Kandalam, Regional Manager of Annapoorna Trust, Andhra Pradesh were present at the event.
The hon’ble minister, Sri Peddireddy Ramachandra Reddy, inaugurated the event and expressed his happiness for having the Morning Nutrition program started in Sodam mandal. He further requested to expand the program to the entire district. He called upon the MEOs and the schoolteachers to ensure the energetic Ragi drink reaches the children and make the program successful. He personally took interest to distribute the “Ragi Cereals Health drink” to the children.
Nutrition intervention conducted at the school level itself can help improve the overall health of the children and ensures a definite increase in their nutrition quotient, thus marching toward hunger-free India.