First American (India) is an actively growing organization and a proud member of the First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family.
Annapoorna Trust’s association with FAI began from the year 2019. Since then, there was no looking back. Our collaboration has grown in time & has resulted in the yeoman service to the downtrodden and poor. FAI leverages its CSR contribution in the field of education, healthcare, employability, livelihood enhancement, etc.
To begin with, FAI started noticing a lot of service initiatives undertaken by Annapoorna Trust. While the service activities were happening across Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh, on noticing that the Trust had to bear a lot of operational cost in terms of transportation, FAI came forward in providing the organization with two vehicles-one stationed in Hyderabad and the other one stationed at our ashram in Bengaluru. Needless to state, the two vehicles were fully operational post Ayudha Pooja in 2020 with all the formalities done with regards to vehicle registration, name plate, body building etc. The vehicles enabled ease of distribution of food and dry ration items to various beneficiaries.
The current COVID situation has led to an increase in the scope of Annapoorna work from beyond just providing breakfast to the children to ensuring their whole families are taken care of by reaching out to them with ration kits, cooked meals, nutrition supplements, medicines, and masks. The vehicles thus gifted were used for service beyond normal utilization limits during these pandemic times.
Some of the COVID relief activities wherein, we utilized the vehicle to the fullest are
- Pre-emptive nutritional intervention programme for Children to fight COVID – June till Aug 2021: Procuring the SaiSure products from Evexia & Pristine companies located in Bangalore to our godowns in Chikkaballapur, Ramanagar, Yadgir & Gulbarga districts was carried out on a regular basis. Needless to state that, SaiSure multi-nutrient beneficiaries during these COVID times were Anganawadi, SAM & MAM children. This activity was part of Covid Pre-emptive Nutritional Intervention Programme in anticipation of the third wave to reduce the ill-effects on children.
- Immunity Boosting Nutrition Kits to COVID Patients – May till Mid July 2021: Free nutrition kits were provided to over 18,000 COVID patients, across more than 30 COVID designated centers at District and Taluk government hospitals in Chikkaballapur, Mandya, Gulbarga and Tumkur. Each Covid patient received a fruit, tetra pack of fruit juice/butter milk, ORS, and a biscuit packet every day to supplement the meal. On a weekly basis, neatly packaged diet supplements containing 50 grams each of cashew, raisins, almonds, amla and 100 grams of dates were provided.
- Dry ration Support to 15,000 Mid-day meal cooks and Asha workers – June & July 2021: This programme required a lot of planning with regards to transportation & distribution of dry ration kits across Karnataka (Chikkaballapur, Tumkur, Ramanagara, Bangalore Urban districts), Telangana (Jangaon, Siddipet, Mahabubnagar, Jagtial, Vikarabad, Sircilla & Nizamabad districts) & Andhra Pradesh (Prakasam, Nellore, Chittoor, Vizianagaram & Visakhapatnam districts). 10,000 Mid-day meal cooks are being benefited in the above-mentioned states that were part of Phase I & Phase II of implementation. Each kit consists of 10kg of rice, 2kg of wheat flour, 1 kg of toor dal, 1kg channa dal, 1litre cooking oil, 2kg of sugar, 1kg of salt, vermicelli, chilli powder, jeera, mustard and turmeric. Phase III of this project for the remaining 5,000 beneficiaries would be executed during the months of September & October.
- Supply of Hot Meals to COVID Warriors, 26 May till 13 June 2021: 7100 cooked meals were shared with our COVID relief warriors who were doctors, nurses, staff, police personnel, cremation workers. Meals were supplied to over 40 COVID designated Government hospitals across Bangalore.
- Covid relief – Needy families – Karnataka – June 2021: 2000 Grocery Kits were provided to needy families across different districts in Karnataka. Districts covered were Mysore, Chamarajapet, Davanagere, Chitradurga, Tumkur, Kolar, Ramanagara, Chikkaballapur, & Bangalore Urban. Each ration kit comprised of 5 Kgs Rice, 1 Kg Toor Dal, 1 Litre Oil, Atta, Pulses, and Cereals.
We sincerely thank FAI for joining hands with Annapoorna in these multiple initiatives across different states during these COVID times. We look forward for fruitful association in the days to come with FAI.